About DSSSB ( Delhi Subordinates Services Selection Board ) Examination
DSSSB is a state level exam conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) annually. It is a portal for recruiting candidates for various posts under the departments of NCT Govt., Delhi and its autonomous bodies.
The eligibility criterion for DSSSB Recruitment is as set up by the conducting board. Participants should make sure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility norms for the various posts before applying for the recruitment test. The eligibility criteria for the test are given as follows-
Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India in order to be eligible for the test.
Age Limit: The prescribed age limit for various posts is given below:
- All PGT Posts: 36 Years
- All TGT Posts: 32 Years
- For Music Teacher Posts: 32 Years
- All PRT Posts: 30 years
- For Group B and C Posts: 27-32 Years
- For all Other Posts: 30 Years
Academic Qualifications :
The education qualification required to be eligible for DSSSB Recruitment 2019 will depend on the post candidates wish to apply for. The qualification needed for various posts is stated below:
- Aspirants must have a Master’s Degree (or its equivalent degree in the case of PGT Sanskrit/ Hindi) in the concerned subjects from any recognized university.
- Those who have a degree or diploma in training/ education are also eligible for the post
- Participants should have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks with required subjects.
- Those who have a degree/ diploma in Training Education or SAV certificate are also eligible.
- Such aspirants should have working knowledge of Hindi and should have qualified CTET from CBSE
DSSSB Group B and C
- Candidates must be 12th pass and possess a graduate degree along with relevant experience for Group B.
- For the post of Welfare Officer, Candidate must have a graduate degree in social work or sociology or a masters degree in criminology.
DSSSB Music Teacher
- Applicants having a BA degree with Music as one of the subjects or have qualified the required music examination along with 10+2 can apply for this post
For other posts
- Candidates who have a Master’s degree/ Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the requisite subject are eligible for the recruitment test
DSSSB Exam Pattern & Syllabus
DSSSB Recruitment will be conducted in the offline mode. It will mainly comprise 2 stages- Tier I and Tier II. The 2 tier exam will be followed by a skill test for some posts. For some posts, only tier I exam will be required. Here are some highlights about DSSSB Recruitment Exam Pattern:
- Both tiers of DSSSB Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern will have 2 sections- Section A and Section B.
- Objective questions will be asked in Section A on the subjects of English, Reasoning, Mathematic Aptitude, General Awareness and Hindi.
- In Section B, aspirants will have to answer MCQs on the respective subjects as per the chosen post.
- Marks obtained in Tier 1 will be used for shortlisting aspirants for the next stage whereas marks obtained in Tier II will be used for preparing the final merit list.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark whereas 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers
The syllabus for DSSSB Teacher, Group B and C 2019 will cover a number of topics from the respective subjects. The important topics of each subject are given below:
ENGLISH & HINDI LANGUAGE AND COMPREHENSION
Analogies. Similarities. Differences.
Space Visualization. Problem-Solving.
Decision Making. Visual Memory. Discrimination.
Reasoning. Verbal and Figure Classification.
Number Series Observation. Relationship Concepts.
Decimals. Fractions. L.C.M.
Ratio & Proportion.
Simple & Compound Interest.
Mensuration. Time & Work. Time & Distance.
Profit & Loss.
Tables & Graphs.
Current Events History.
Science & Tech. Constitution.
Art & Culture. Geography. National & International Organizations
Vocabulary. Grammar. Synonyms. Antonyms.
Usage of Words
DSSSB Selection Procedure
The selection process for DSSSB Recruitment will begin soon after the results are announced. The recruitment process is explained below in brief:
- Participants shortlisted via the merit list will have to register themselves for the recruitment process.
- They will have to submit their documents and certificates for the document verification process.
- Applicants will be recruited in order of merit and the preference of posts exercised by them
Success Dreams Education – DSSSB Class Schedule
Weekdays / Regular Students
Weekend / Part Time Students
3 Months + Revision (Till Exam)
4 Months + Revision (Till Exam)
Days of Class
Monday to Friday & Saturday
Saturday & Sunday
Duration of Class
3 Hours per day
5 Hours per day
Monday to Friday
10 AM – 01 PM
10 AM – 03 PM
12 PM – 03 PM
12 PM – 05 PM
02 PM – 05 PM
Individual Doubt Session
01 PM – 02 PM (Mon – Thu Only)
03 PM – 04 PM (Saturday)
03 PM – 04 PM (Mon – Thu Only)
05 PM – 06 PM (Saturday)
05 PM – 06 PM (Mon – Thu Only)
01 PM – 02 PM (Saturday)
03 PM – 04 PM (Sunday)
03 PM – 04 PM (Saturday)
05 PM – 06 PM (Sunday)
05 PM – 06 PM (Saturday)
Monthly Mock Test
Last Saturday of the Month
Last Sunday of the Month
Total Full Length Mock Test – After Completion of Syllabus
10 -15 Papers
(It can be varies as per availability of remaining time between syllabus completion & exam dates)
30,000/- (For PGT )
20,000/- (For TGT )
35,000/- (For PGT )
25,000/- (For TGT )
(For Two Installments – 60% at the time of admission & rest 40% within one month from date of admission )
Nearby Success Dreams Education Campus – Separate PG’s for Boys & Girls (Cost of PG’s ranging from Rs 7000 to Rs 10000 per month that includes three times meal.)